My Precious Little Lamb's...

My Precious Little Lamb's...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Carter's Poem

I was so moved by this that I had to share it.... Carter wrote this poem all by himself today (after you read it, you won't believe that he did it himself but he did...).
I am going to type it exactly how he wrote it:


The Oshin Blue (Ocean Blue)
By: Carter Lamb
The waves splatter.
The winds blow.
The Serfer's serf.
The fish swim.
The oshin is com (calm).
The crabs slip.
The octipisis (octopus's) wave.
The ilind (island) is com(calm).
The birds flie.
The blue ski (sky) shivers.
The waterfolls splash.
The werlpels (whirlpools) trerl (twirl).
The clouds por.
The End.

How amazing is that???? I am just blown away everyday by the things my children think of and say. How can a 1st grader be so perceptive into life? It made me stop and think of how often i forget to slow down and "smell the roses". Well today I stopped - I took a deep breath - and I went to the ocean for awhile through the imagination of my son. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Alyson said...

i love this! i love that admist the chaos of having 3 kids, you were able to step outside it all and recognize true joy. you're a great mom!

sara and wade said...

what a brilliant boy! you and matt must be doing a great job encouraging him to explore talents- he is one of the greatest kids ever! i have a hard time stepping back to smell the roses even when i was that little! what a great reminder! way to go carter!