Soooo, with one month down and 11 to go, we hit 2008 with a definite bang! Matt's company closed its doors about 2 weeks ago, laying off around 1500 people in the process. The up's and downs of the mortgage industry have left us on the job hunt once again... Luckily Matt has some very marketable skills and is hitting the job market hard and we are positive that this will turn into a blessing for us... (think positive, think positive...). Our car also broke down the same week which was almost more than our stress levels could take due to the fact that it cost more to fix than the car was worth. We were limping along as a one car family when we were blessed by the kindness and service of our good friends and neighbors who just happened to have an extra car that they weren't using and just came and dropped it off without any warning. That was proof enough for me to know that Our Heavenly Father was there looking out for us when we were at the end of our ropes. How grateful we are for good friends who heeded the spirit and gave us the blessing of help when we needed it the most. Needless to say, the trials are not over, but they are not more than we can bare, and we are so greatful to have each other to lean on through it all. It has helped us to learn what we truly desire out of life and what we truly are thankful for. I have been working a little more that usual, just in case the job search takes longer than planned, and I am so greatful that I have this skill to fall back on! I do love being a nurse, but I love being a mom more! I am truly blessed to have something to fall back on though - so I won't complain too much! We finally got Christmas down in time to put up Valentines and I was able to unpack the last 7 boxes that were left in my basement and get it all organized! I have been trying to get to that for the last 18 months, so it felt pretty good to get it done! We joined a new gym and I am hitting it hard to get rid of the baby leftovers before swimsuit season!!! I have been officially put on the "body by Matt" program and my muscles are feeling the strain!! I am in the young womens of our ward working with the beehives on their personal progress! fun! fun! Matt just got called to be the Wolf Den leader and survived his first blue and gold banquet! Carter has been off track for the last couple weeks and getting a lot of time on his nintendo DS and the Wii. He has also been playing basketball and doing so great! He scored 8 points in his last game!! He became a CTR 8 this year and is soooo excited to be baptized in September! He can hardly wait! He got his first CTR ring and wears it everyday! (however Ellie steals it at least once a day and tries to hide it for herself....). He is enduring the braces very well and never stops growing taller - i have to buy him new pants and shoes monthly it seems! McKelle is McKelle and everyday amazes me with her antics! (where did she come from - Mom - I know i couldn't have been this bad!) She is very strongwilled and stubborn and likes to push us to our breaking points! She is also adorable and my little princess at the same time! She is loving her preschool, especially when she is "snack captain" and can write her own name now. She is also doing gymnastics and learning how to balance, and roll, and flip. She is officially not a sunbeam anymore! She loves to dress up and play house with her friend Zachy.... She also loves to have "playdates" with all her little girlfriends.... Gagey is our little sunshine! He is sitting up on his own and learning to feed himself (yea!). He is a chunky thing and gets really excited when we are all sitting at the dinner table because he knows its time to chow!!! He is almost 8 months old which just blows my mind! He is so smiley and loves to "talk" to anyone who will listen! He has his 2 bottom teeth and 2 peeking through on the top! He loves his bro and sis and just lights up when either one of them play with him!
So here is my life in a nutshell and up to date!
6 comments:
What a fun update and superbowl party! Sorry to hear about Matt's job. I know it's been a struggle for you guys, but it's been a testimony builder for me personally. I have a much easier time heeding the prophets voice to continue with my education thanks to your wonderful example! :) I know things will work out for you guys though. Love ya!
Wow, when it rains it pours! Our cars seem to do the same thing too. The only parts that break down are over a thousand dollars! I love your story about the great neighbors. I've got to use that in RS!
Oh yeah, thanks for the great recipes. I'm going to try some.
What a year so far! We were sorry to hear about Matt's job, but just know that you are in our prayers and everything will work out for you :)! We love you guys and miss you. Take care!!
That sucks about Matt's job. We have been in that boat before and I know what you are going through. Then our whole Hawaii fiasco was a nightmare. But hang in there. Things definitely work themselves out for the better! You look great by the way!
Amber, sounds like a lot is going on for you! Good luck with the job hunt, that must be stressful! We will keep you in our prayers! You have such a cute family! I can't believe your kids are as old as they are! By the way, the cake I made started out much simpler but I kept adding flowers to hide the mistakes! It wasn't that hard but it sure was fun! Great to hear from you! I always try to look at your blog every week!
Post a Comment