My Precious Little Lamb's...

My Precious Little Lamb's...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Weekend of a 31 year old mother of 3.

So, I thought I would let you all in to my world for just a little bit. You may want to sit down, you may want some popcorn.... or maybe not. Sometimes my life seems mundane, but when I sit down and think about it, there are some tidbits of romance, comedy, and adventure mixed in. So let me spin you a tale......

"Moooommmmm, Carter won't let me be a princess cowboy....". She is decked out in her prettiest princess dress-up, crown, feather boa and all and carrying a sword. A few minutes later I hear, "I hope you die you little varmint". I talked with her about violence and she said, "But mom, don't you wonder what it would be like if someone stuck a fork in your eye??" Where does she come up with this stuff? I said, "No, Ellie, that's pretty gross". I have a sneaking suspision that her older brother had something to do with that one.

I did get a new yellow purse which is where the romance comes in, because I am in love with it....It just needs shoes to match.... However when your husband doesn't have a job it makes shoe hunting less fun, so they will have to wait. I will have to post a picture of it though, because it is REALLY cute!

We did watch "Gone, baby, gone" on video which I really enjoyed. It is rated "R" for language, so don't rent it if you aren't prepared for that. It was a very good show with quite an ending, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It raises quite a question though. Leave me a comment if you've seen it and let me know what you think of the ending.... I also finished reading the "Uglies" series by Scott Westerfield. It was a fun read. Also an interesting topic for discussion. In the story, when everyone turns 16, they have an operation that turns them beautiful, and they get to move to this amazing city and party all day and night with no responsibility. The problem is the operation messes with their agency, but they don't know it. I would definitely reccomend it.

Gage almost, tired to crawl, which was interesting. He is a lazy, fat kid, I tell you what. And spoiled. What can I say, we feed him a lot of cookies and there is never a lack of someone to hold him. He is just too cute, we all are just wrapped around that chubby little finger. Only the left top and bottom teeth are coming in so far, so when he smiles it all looks crooked, its adorable.

I also am asking for ideas for this next one. Carter came to me and asked, "Mom, why are we here?" (like on earth). Deep question. I told him he knew the answer to that. He said he knew we were here for "a test from Heavenly Father", but why else are we here? And who "made Heavenly Father? and "how did He know how to make the earth?". I tried my best to answer. I don't think I satisfied his curiousity though. Any suggestions??? I still don't know the answers to all those. He is a thinker. I guess it's better than "where do babies come from"......

Well, those were the highlights. What will Monday bring????

5 comments:

Wende said...

Amber- I have purse envy. I need a purse. I do have new shoes coming in the mail though...If Carter ever asks where babies come from, just say, "The hospital". It's true, because they are at the hospital before you bring them home, and then you can stick Matt with the responsibility of explaining sex! Carter is a deep thinker!

Katherine said...

Where did you get that purse anyway? It was so cute!

sara and wade said...

he he! i love it! you are such a great mom! i don't know how to answer those questions either. good luck with that and pass along how you did it so i can tell my kids someday.
lets see this great purse! i love my yellow kathy purse... i can't get enough of it!

Mandee said...

It must be so fun at your house! Love the bookshelf, I might borrow that idea.

Hayley said...

Amber-
This is Hayley (Dixon). I got your link off of Mandee's and checked you out. This post was so funny-I just laughed thru the whole thing. You're kids are so cute-and too funny! Tell your familia I say hello!