My Precious Little Lamb's...

My Precious Little Lamb's...

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Inspiration

Flying High

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I’ve climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of—wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence.
Hov’ring there, I’ve chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.... Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark nor even eagle flew— And, while with silent lifting mind I’ve trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God."

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

I read this on my cousin's blog and had to share it. It made me feel inspired and happy and hopeful. Thanks, Em, for sharing.

5 comments:

jenjamin said...

Good Stuff!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I like it. It's fall so I should feel like that! Hey, I was wondering if you could give me a phone number or e-mail for Brady. I need to ask him a favor. Let me know if you need my e-mail address. (it's on sarah's family report)

kimmy girl said...

LINKED!!! im so sorry! i DO DO DO love you guys!!!! im the worst at linking, but you are linked!

Justin, Amy and our Girls said...

Amber Hi its Amy Call. How are you. So Billy said he ran into you at the wedding I hope he told you hi from me. What a small world. So Dani's husband is your brother-n-law? And you living in Denver? How did you get there? I would love to keep in contact so keepin touch. Cute kids!!!

Mandee said...

Amber- you're about due for a post. How the heck are things going? Are you back in UT yet?