Don't Quit
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
when the road your're trudging seems all uphill;
when the funds are low and the debts are high,
and you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit--
rest if you must, but don't you quit!
Life is strange with its twists and turns,
as every one of us sometimes learns;
and many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow,
you may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
and you never can tell how close you are,
it may be near when it seems afar.
so, STICK TO THE FIGHT when you're hardest hit--
it's when things go wrong that you must not quit!!!
I don't know who the author is, but I am hanging this up on my bathroom mirror to read everyday!!! love you all! DON'T YOU QUIT!!!
5 comments:
Awe! Amber! This is my life! I am printing this out right now. I need to read this everyday too. So how are you guys doing? You haven't updated us on the job search or anything. Also, I just have to say I am sooo jealous of Carter's new girlfriend. I always thought that Carter and Ellie got along so great that they were a match made in heaven. I've decided not to tell her about it. I'm afraid it will break her little heart. Love you much!
What a great saying - I really needed to read that today, so thanks for posting it!!! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?? Hope you have a great holiday!!
thanks for sharing such a great poem! i surely need that very badly right now! i hate finals time in school! thanks for the lift!
Hi Amber!
I was blog surfing...again, and found yours on the Hatcher's site. Thanks for the great quote! I need that EVERYDAY...especially those days when I get REALLY frustrated that I am almost 30 and my hubby is STILL in school! :) I am glad that you are doing well...what a darling little family! And your hair is still to die for! Take Care!
Deb Wells (from Syracuse)
Isn't that true! Dang, we've been there... wait we are still there, does it ever end?? Hang in there sweet stuff!
Post a Comment