My Precious Little Lamb's...

My Precious Little Lamb's...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Carter for President


Ok... So I have to take a minute and brag about Carter. I was just looking at him the other day and wondering when he got so tall, and how it seemed like yesterday that he was sucking on his binkie and making towers with the soup cans in my pantry. We just had a parent/teacher conference the other day and his teacher just had nothing but good to say. He is at a 3rd grade reading level, he is aceing all of his spelling tests, he is getting the "Principals Excellence Award" yet again. WOW! He is also handling being the oldest and all of the extra responsibility that comes along with that. He makes his own mac and cheese, he makes Gagey bottles for me, he does all my little chores around the house. I really don't know what I would do without him. He is going to turn 8 this year and is so excited to be baptized. I can't wait either. I never really understood how happy that would make me to see one of my children choose to be baptized. I'm starting to cry a little just thinking about it. He decided the other day that when he grows up he wants to be President of the United States. I would vote for him. Matt says he has to give us the presidential suite in the White House when he wins the election. He already made a presidential portrait of himself that says "Carter Matthew Lamb, 2035-2043". He wrote what he would do if he were president. One of the things he said is that he would make sure everyone had a job and a house. I think he should run for president this year.... I think that I would make a good "First Mom".

2 comments:

Mandee said...

How sweet is he?? I would vote for him too!

Jessica Snyder said...

What a great little man you have there! It's so awesome that he is so helpful, and it sets a great example too. You can't ask for much more than that!