My Precious Little Lamb's...

My Precious Little Lamb's...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Momnesia

Ok... so I was reading this on one of my friends blogs and I'm telling you this is a real disease and I have it. I graduated from college with a bachelors degree and a 3.7 GPA, yet I am having a hard time helping my first grader with his homework. I can't remember the name of which child I am yelling at most of the time. I go through all of my children's names, sometimes my brothers names, and still I usually don't get it right. I find myself staring at things, wondering what I was supposed to be doing, knowing that it probably was important, but can't for the life of me remember what it was. I forgot to finish putting my makeup all the way on the other day. I was right in the middle of doing my eyes when an argument of monumental proportions erupted in the other room. I rushed in to break apart my oldest two offspring and after remiding them that I brought them in to this world and could very easily take them out of it, I forgot what I had been doing. I didn't realize until later that night when I started to wash my face, what had been forgotten. Watch the video. I think momnesia worsens with each child, also.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=0468de4b-99d1-478f-893f-d96bbc38b8fc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one that suffers from this condition!

jenjamin said...

I totally agree.... some days are worse than others though. I have to say that is a bit weird you call your kids your brothers names... maybe you should look into that :) J/K LOL Love ya!

Mandee said...

Oh my heck! I have called my kids my siblings names too. I've even called Jamie "Gage" before. Weird. Do you think momnesia will ever get better- probably about the time we start developing age related dementia. :(